WHY GET A OIL CHANGE
Ok this is my first post on the PAPA ‘S AUTO CARE TIPS page. I am excited!!! My son is 3 and 1/2 years old. He is my first child. When I first held him in my arms. I didn’t know how to feel about myself at the time. Am I actually a Father???? Wow no this can ‘t be. I am now used to being dad. I love to hear my son say hey dad. A dad is great. But a Papa I guess is better.
A dad provides and protects. A Papa instills . I believe ever Father should pass down everything they know to their children. Especially their sons. To be honest I did not have a Papa that did that for me. He was a dad which was fine and needed.
OIL CHANGES ‘ INSIDE AND OUT’
So since my site is my project to become better at my knowledge and operation at auto care I plan to learn as much as I can. Then pass everything I know to my son. So I am naming this page Papa ‘s Auto Care Tips. So here goes. My first case is a simple routine thing that everyone has heard of. Oil Changes. Well everyone has heard of an Oil Change. But knowing about something and hearing about them is two different things. So we will get down to the nuts and bolts of an Oil Change and figure out just how important it is, what is happening , and why you should get an oil change.
Most of us have heard that we should get our oil changed every 3 months or 3,000 miles whichever comes first. That is great to know. But for some of us and maybe all of us it is better to know not just what but why. The what is you get your oil changed every 3 months and every 3000 miles. The why is what many do not know. I will shed light on this today.
EDUCATE EXECUTE PREVENT ENGINE DAMAGE
What is commonly known is that if you do not change your oil regularly than you will get engine damage. But we will go into more detail on just how that happens. The more detail and the more of a picture people get in their brain the more we learn and are conscious of a truth that should be heeded and practiced I find. As a person who has lost two used cars to engine damage I am a expert on this subject you can say. I am paying close attention to what I am learning to make sure I am the best I can in the future. Also to help others.
If I was talking to my son I would say:
These are the major reasons you want to change your oil son:
- Engine damage is caused by overuse of Oil
- Prevent ugly sludge build up
- Fresh Oil keeps engine cool
- Regular Oil changes improves gas mileage
- Keeping oil changed gives engine a longer life
- Prevent condensation to set in on oil
- Oil level will not get to low
- Ok pals here goes. Changing your oil routinely prevents the loss of the consistency and potency of your oil. Oil is formulated with a particular potency so that the chemicals called hydrocarbons will do their job of lubrication. The lubrication that the hydrocarbons do prevent over wear and tear on the engine parts. Because the engine is full of moving parts this lubrication is very important. The hydrocarbons form a chain that protect the pistons from rubbing against the piston walls. Over time the heat from the engine will break down the hydrocarbon chains. As the hydrocarbons get less and less effective the more the moving parts of the engine will rub together eventually resulting in engine damage and lost.
2. The next enemy of the engine is sludge build up. Think of all the places that we drive thought. Piles of leaves, dirt roads, water and mud splashes you name it. Some of that stuff gets up into our engine oil. The coolant can also get into engine oil. Shavings from the engines falls into the oil. The oil itself will also turn into sludge that sticks to the engine.
3. Next in line is the engine temperature. When your engine with all it ‘s varied and complex moving parts start pumping and moving at high speeds and in diverse temperatures. Your engine puts in a lot of work for you for a long time. Over and over back and forth. Eventually the oil loses it ‘s protective coating and no longer lubricates like it used too . This causes friction in the engine parts which raises the temperature of the engine causing damage. Excellent products like Friction Free 3000 do an excellent job above the popular brands to keep your engine lubricated and even repairs engine wear!
4. All things considered this might not be a big thing on our list of 7. But none the less it is still something to keep in mind. Healthy vibrant oil will give your car the best possible gas milage. This boost in gas milage might not be a huge savings. But as we know a little here and a little there. Before you know it money adds up. So think of saving money on gas as a result to your Oil change as a little icing on the cake for your car and your pockets. For serious gas mileage improvements I recommend a proven product like AutoWorks Fuel Enhancer
5. The old adage is an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure goes right with this one. The better we keep up with our car ‘s engine the longer will last us down the road. No pun intended lol. You put in what you get out. Take care of that baby and she will keep on giving you the her golden eggs mile after mile after mile. Ok enough adage ‘s and sayings. You get the point.